Pay It Forward!!

If someone were to ask me what the month of May 2011 meant to me, I'd probably talk about the demise of Macho Man Randy Savage. This man taught me what flamboyance is all about. He was the closest incarnation of a jock-strapped superhero to me as a kid. Guess he wasn't too super enough - the man drove off the asphalt to his death. Well, his demise MIGHT probably be something I might remember for a few years but the month of May 2011 is all about Pay It Forward.

To those who're still guessing - it's a movie I just finished watching and it gave me goosebumps those felt like I could burst a vein. A real simple plot that could be hard to comprehend to those who've lost every last ounce of compassion in them owing to this rat race we call LIFE. A kid decides to help three people in a way that could change their lives for the better....BUT they have to in turn help three other people. Simple ain't it? Too stupid for an adult. Which is why we added some capitalism to it and called AMWAY also known to the business bishops as Multi Level Marketing.

Haley Joel Osment as Trevor reminds us that we forfeit a certain amount of goodness and compassion in us with every birthday candle till we reach 18 and run dry. There's a scene where he says that it's like fixing a bike but instead you fix a life. Bravo young man!! A simple school assignment turns into an idea that can possibly make us forget what grief is....but c'mon are we going to let a kid change the way we do things????

I'm not putting up spoilers in here but watch it people and think about the irony of life where innocence and a kind heart are today just mere props in a work of fiction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bad Artists Copy, Good Artists Steal

Amma, I wanna be a movie star :D

Vineeth Sreenivasan, You Traitor!!!!