An Apple a year....Changes your life Forever

The first time I laid my eyes on a Steve Jobs creation for real, was when I was too poor to afford one. 85k rupees for the device of my choice was plain financial suicide. I simply could not afford it. Thanks to a confirmed seat on a Hartford bound KLM flight and an assignment with a US biggie, I now own a harem of Applicious hotties. What you don’t realise when you’re embraced into the Steve Jobs khaandan is that you slowly develop a liking (in the most heterosexual way) for this chap who looks like he was born in those clothes. I was a light year away when the first gen IPhone was launched, but ever since then I always followed those purple lighted events which sent geeks all over the universe into an orgasmic frenzy.

Yesterday, I waited for their supposedly “iSlate” announcement like my non-existent spouse was in the delivery room. Boom, and it shalt be called the iPad. An iPhone on steroids???? You must be kidding me. A ton of reports over news channels shared my emotions too. On the bright side, it was a saving of 600 odd bucks on my credit card.

“Here you go, sir”, said the amusingly short white waiter when he served me a tall glass of Corona last night. A few of us from work got together for some happy hour banter. “Well, so the men finally get a ’pad’ for the first time in mankind”, my friend joked. And, he dropped the ball for a conversation that would last for quite a while. “Quite a while” meant a lot more glasses of “Barley Water”. We dissed and cussed it, but then the apple fell on all our heads. A reading device that was revolutionary, a cute a** photo album, the web at your disposal, a 140k app-strong store……..and all of this in 10 inches of sexiness!!!!!!! We missed the discovery of gravity, the first step on the moon and Rajnikanth’s debut….Are we now witnessing the creation of a device that would kill the school bag???? It was like this iPad with limbs pushing Mr.Laptop and Ms.Smartphone apart and settling down in between. You might not agree with me, but think of the immense potential of this thing. What can Thalaivar and Chuck Norris not do together??? I’m not sure if the iPad can do that, but it definitely is going to be a must have accessory in the progressive world. It might take a year or more, but I see myself waking up to a “Dhan Tan Tan” tune indicating that my New York Times and Hindu e-papers have been e-livered on my iPad. I can also see my kid (non-existent again) downloading his 3rd standard text books on to one them. I can also see the kid carrying an uber-chic slingbag with one of them and his tiffin box to school; this is the extinction of “school child labor”.

I’d love to hear what you think of it. Oh, before I sign out…..an apple ( the real round thing) a day is a good habit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vineeth Sreenivasan, You Traitor!!!!

Pay It Forward!!

Wiki-Gen